A downloadable game
Dystopia Wars is a multiplayer cyberpunk RPG. Set in a colorful dystopian future, Players will explore the open world, meeting Fixers, building up their crew and running missions in the Sprawl.
Gameplay is focused on Coop PvE and PvP missions - as the players uncover the huge global conspiracy that has overtaken society and threatens humanity itself.
Development Status: Pre-Alpha
Track our project progress on Codecks!
There is also some dev blogging going on over at www.gamedev.zone
- Persistent multiplayer world (think 'gta online' lite)
- Combination of PvE missions and PvP zones
- Extensive Character customization - it's cyberpunk, you need to 'look the part'
- Vast array of interesting enemies to battle in PvE
- Dynamically generated missions, large explorable environments
- A wide variety of regions, biomes to explore
If the above sounds like a 'LOT' for a one-person Indie developer, yes it is - however I have no delusions about creating a massive MMO or anything insane like that.
Missions are dynamic - think 'Payday-style' - similar environments with procedural layered elements
Missions are a combination of story-based and procedural - so there is no worry about burning through all of the content.
We will be launching with the basic foundation / framework for the world and then continue to build on it as we go, in a Seasonal approach - new content every so often, new mission areas unlocked, factions, weapons, equipment, you name it.
The game world is expansive and dynamic, which allows me to get something to players in a short period of time, while leaving us enough head room to continue building on it for years to come!
On twitter; https://twitter.com/dystopiawars
- Updates - Avatar updates, interaction systems and more37 days ago
- Steampipe builds working!66 days ago
- Launching our game portal!68 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.